Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spicy Turkey Kheema Masala/ Ground Meat Dish

I never had tasted Turkey before I came to US. When everyone kept convincing me that it tastes just like chicken, and a lean meat too. So I did give it a try. Cooking with it was not an option coz hubby would turn up nose on it. But eventually since it's easy to get turkey kheema I convinced him one day to buy it. I promised that I would make it so good that he would ask me for seconds.

I kinda followed standard chicken kheema recipe, but with turkey it comes out nice with boiled water. So here is my way of doing kheema. BTW now it's a regular on our shopping list. :o)


Prep Time: 10 min| Cooking Time: 15 min| Serves: 6

Ingredients:

Minced/ Ground Meat/ Kheema – 1 lb.
Minced Onion – 2 cup
Tomato – 2 (finely cubed)
Frozen Green Peas – 1½ cup
Ginger – 6 cloves
Garlic – 1 lemon size, finely chopped.
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
Chili Powder – 3 tsp.
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves - 1 sping
Water – 1½ cup
Oil – 2 tsp.
Salt to taste



Method of Preparation:

~ Place frozen peas in a microwaveable bowl, add a tsp of water and cook high for 3 minutes.
~ In a wide pan, heat oil and add onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic. Fry till onions are translucent.
~ Add turmeric, chili and coriander powder and fry for about half a minute.
~ Add water to the mix and bring it to boil.
~ Now add minced meat, mash with a spatula, or potato masher.
~ Add green peas and curry leaves. Add salt to taste. Cook until meat is done (in about 5 to 10 minutes)
~ Note that depending upon how thick or thin you want your gravy increase or decrease the quantity of water.

Sending this to SYF&HWS Series - Red Chili, brain child of Anu , guest hosted by me all this month.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely recipe. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would taste good with chicken or mutton meat also I guess...tempting gravy

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely gravy..looks real good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious...I sometimes add pasta instead of green peas.. try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keema curry looks simply delicious and inviting. Take a bow Sumee.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...